Thursday, December 06, 2007

And Sometimes, American Fashion Is Quite Enough...

I simply adore European fashion! And when I say "European fashion," I assure you that I don't mean Chanel or Cavalli. I mean the wild, hipster brands that boutiques like (my fave) Seven on Mercer carry. One of those labels is Bernhard Willhelm; their crazy colors and wild silhouettes are always well executed and never blasé or cliché. But their Spring/ Summer 2008 collections for both men and women, straddle the line between crimes against fashion and crimes against humanity! Frankly, no man or woman should be given license to leave their home dressed like this, and we all know that some fashion lemming who "wants to be a non-conformist just like everybody else" is bound to do so. I mean, don't get me wrong, from an artistic standpoint, its great; very high-concept pieces, and styled differently (and perhaps with another model) it'd be visually enchanting. Although their men's look book is far too crazy for me to even lend justification to, a few pieces in the women's can be salvaged, I suppose.