Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Chanel Iman On The Barney's Homepage


If you know anything about me, than you already know that I am absolutely in-love with Chanel Iman. Now, most people who know me contend that we share a vague resemblance, and that my love for her is out of narcissism. However, I'd like to argue that just because we're both light-skinned, tall, and because I have (arguably) almond-shaped eyes, does in no way mean we look even remotely alike (and even if that were the case, would I really admit that I'm a possible narcissist?)

Well, anyways, she's my favorite, and that's that. We haven't had a black supermodel since the '90s (save Liya Kebede), and I was elated to find her on the cover of Vogue last year (the new supermodel spread, revisiting the '90s piece, which was revisited once before in 2004). And although I sometimes wonder if she's too skinny (wait-- I think that's an oxymoron), I think she's most most fabulous thing to strut down the catwalk since Marc Jacobs' 1992, "grunge" collection for Perry Ellis. At just barely eighteen, she's been down more runways than Joan Rivers has had work done. I could talk for days about how much I love her, but the fact that she's far more adorable than any girl you know says enough.-Virginia Jackson-Reed

1 comment:

dES said...

YES, she sure enough IS that fabulous ;] l♥ve her too.